Before you begin:
RESIDENT SELECTION SCREENING CRITERIA
A $45.00 NON-REFUNDABLE SCREENING CHARGE PER PERSON EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS AND OLDER WILL BE REQUIRED. This covers the cost of ordering a resident screening, a credit report and a criminal history report. Screening entails verification that each individual application meets our requirements as listed in the following screening criteria. Screening criteria information outlines the qualifications and guidelines by which we determine to accept or reject an application.
All listings are subject to change without notice by management. All specials require the resident to initiate a contract with the vendor prior to receiving the special.
Before you begin completing the application, please review the following:
1. Review our available listings at www.homesteadrealestateteam.com; click on available photos either through the link on the listing or the "Property Photos" tab. If the property you are interested doesn't have photos uploaded, please call our office or email for details. Available listings are posted when we receive a thirty day notice from the current resident. Photos will not be possible until the unit is vacated and turnover complete(repaired and cleaned). We appreciate your patience as we do our best to post photos for your review as soon as it is possible.
2. If you would like to apply for one of the properties; request an application link from our office. firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the link(web address) that the Homestead email provides you in respinse. Once at the website(the location the link takes you), please click on the property you are applying for (all posted properties will be listed on that link-only click the one you are applying for), and complete the application online following the prompts (instructions) the application provides you.
Incomplete applications can delay the application process and may be returned to the applicant. Please advise Homestead Property Management LLC if assistance is needed with your application. If you are a non-English speaking applicant, we will be happy to work with a translator.
3. Pay the applicable non-refundable screening charge of $45.00 for each applicant and co-applicant eighteen (18) years and older. (Prompt given during application process)
4. Positive picture identification and verifiable social security number will be required. If you do not have a social security number and are unable to provide verifiable rental history, an additional $2,500.00 deposit will be assessed.
5. Be prepared to wait three (3) to seven (7) business days, as the required reports and approvals may take that long. (Properties may not be available for up to 30 days from the date of current tenants move-out (depending on how the unit is left). Please do not plan on a set move-in date if a unit is still occupied. Only vacated, and "turned-over" properties can be guaranteed for a specific move-in date.
6. If approved, and you accept the available rental dwelling (may view in person after approved application), you will be required to sign a rental agreement or lease within one (1) week from approval date. At the time of the signing you will agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the rental dwelling and pay the required deposits, fees and other applicable monies.
7. All move-in deposits and fees must be paid by personal check, cashier check or money order. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED. (We have a drop-box on our front door, mail-in or through tenant portal which the leasing agent can set up for you to pay online). Echeck(bank account payments are free; credit cards are charged a fee through a 3rd party-which we do not receive or control).
Credit Check and public/criminal report searches must be run for each applicant eighteen (18) years and older.
Co-applicants must meet and be approved by the same Resident Selection and Screening Criteria.
ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOR DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS PART OF THE ACCEPTANCE OR DENIAL OF THE APPLICATION
GOOD CREDIT WILL BE REQUIRED
1. Outstanding bad debt (i.e. Slow Pay, Collection, Bankruptcies, Repossessions, Liens, Judgments and Wage Garnishments) reports by the credit bureau which is greater than $100.00 but less than $500.00 will require a security deposit equal to a full month's rent.
2. Outstanding bad debt reported by the credit bureau will result in denial. (See Exceptions below.)
3. Exceptions: Exceptions may be considered when the debt is a verifiable medical expense, or the debt is a previous bankruptcy dated one year prior to the date of the application and no additional negative information has been reported since bankruptcy. In case of the exception, a double full security deposit will be required.
1. One-year verifiable rental history and reference from a third party landlord is required. Roommates, family members and/or subletting parties do not qualify as third party landlords.
2. Students who are not financially independent who are requiring financial assistance from a parent/guardian and/or have no rental history will be required to submit the parent/guardian co-signer form.
3. A co-signer may be required when the rental history does not meet the stated third-party landlord rental criteria, but residency can be verified with parents, student housing or military housing.
4. Five years of eviction free rental history will be required.
5. Rental history reflecting past due rent will be denied. An exception may be made if the previous debt has been settled and the third-party landlord would re-rent, in which case an additional security deposit equal to a full month's rent will be required.
6. Two or more NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) checks within a period of one year will result in a denial.
7. Three or more Non-Payment of Rent Notices (72 Hour Notices) within one year will result in denial.
8. Rental history demonstrating documented noise or otherwise disturbance complaints causing the third-party landlord not to re-rent will result in denial.
9. Rental history reflecting any money owing will result in denial.
10. Rental history reflecting damages as long as the debt has been settled could require an additional security deposit.
11. Home ownership will be verified through the county tax assessor's office. Mortgage payments must be current to reflect positive rental history. Homes ownership negotiated through a land sales contract must be verified through the contract holder.
12. Renter's Insurance is required upon approval. You will be required to provide proof of insurance the day you move in.
Please read this information carefully in order to determine whether or not your application may meet the Resident Screening and Selection guidelines and qualifications.
1. Positive picture identification and verifiable social security number will be required. If you do not have a social security number and are unable to provide a verifiable rental history, an additional $2,500.00 deposit will be assessed.
2. A complete and accurate application listing a current and at least one previous rental reference with phone numbers will be required. Incomplete applications may be returned to the applicant.
3. Each application will be required to meet the Resident Screening and Selection Criteria individually.
4. Applicant(s) must be able to enter into a legal and binding contract.
5. Inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application or termination of rental agreement upon discovery and deposit will NOT be refunded.
6. Any applicant found to be currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, termination of tenancy will result and deposit will NOT be refunded.
7. Any individual who may constitute a direct threat to health and/or safety of an individual, the complex or property of others, will be denied.
1. Applicant(s) monthly net income should be at least two and a half (2.5) times the stated monthly rent.
2. Three (3) current paycheck stubs will be required.
3. Self-Employed applicant(s) will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous year's tax returns.
4. A source of verifiable income will be required for every applicant. Your application will be denied if your source of income cannot be verified.
5. Verifiable additional income may include: Alimony/Child Support, Welfare, Trust Accounts, Grants/Loans, Social Security Benefits, TANF/SNAP, Bank Account Funds, Unemployment
If you have additional sources of income listed on your application, Homestead Property Management LLC will require you to present written official verification of this income through:
Letter from AFS regarding benefits
Official Documentation of Social Security Benefits
Self-employment copy of previous year’s tax return
Court Documents stating alimony/Child Support Amounts
Upon receipt of the rental applications and screening charge. landlord shall conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has any criminal convictions. A conviction or convictions for any felony or misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, assault, intimidation, prostitution, illegal drug activity, weapons, obscenity, sex crimes and or child sex crimes and related violations shall be grounds for denial of the rental application.
Chronic Nuisance Violations:
Applicants applying for rentals with the City of Monmouth will be searched through public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been found guilty of a chronic nuisance violation with the previous 120 days. The finding of a chronic nuisance violation within the previous 120 days shall be grounds for denial of the rental application.
1. Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a dwelling. A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet space for clothing.
2. Two persons are allowed per bedroom.
Homestead Property Management LLC allows the existing premises to be modified at the full expense of the applicant/resident, if they agree to restore the premises to the pre-modified condition. An amount equal to the estimated cost of restoring the dwelling will be required prior to any remodeling taking place in/on dwelling. The monies will be placed in an escrow account.
1. The applicant to obtain the written approval of the landlord before making modifications.
2. Reasonable assurance (in writing) that the work will be performed in a workmanlike manner.
3. Reasonable details regarding the extent of the work to be done.
4. Names of licensed and bonded contractors to be used.
5. Appropriate building permits/required licenses made available to landlord for review.
If your allocation is rejected due to negative and adverse information being reported, you may:
1. Contact the company that supplied the information to discuss your application
2. Contact the credit reporting agency to identify who is reporting unfavorable information
3. Correct any incorrect information through the credit reporting agent as per their policy
4. Request the credit reporting agency to submit a corrected credit check to the appropriate screening company
5. Upon receipt of the corrected information, your application will be reevaluated for the next available unit
Be advised, according to our general requirements:
1. Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial
2. Any applicant currently using illegal drugs shall be denied tenancy
3. Any individual who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, or whose tenancy may pose a threat to the complex, or the property of others, will be denied.
If your application has been denied and you feel that you qualify as a resident under the criteria set out above you should do the following:
Write to: Equal Housing Opportunity Manager
Homestead Property Management
P.O. Box 159
Monmouth, OR 97361
In the letter explain the reasons you believe your application should be approved request a review of your file. Within seven (7) working days of receipt of your letter, your application file will be reviewed and you will be notified of the outcome of the review.
1. All pets and service animals (assistance animal, therapy animal, service animal and companion animal) must be registered/approved by Homestead Property Management LLC prior to being allowed on the premises.
2. No exotic or rodent type pets will be permitted.
Approval includes proof of: up to date vaccination records, city of county registration, proof of renter's insurance covering the animal.
If you have questions, please visit: or call the Fair Housing Hotline at 800-424-3247
Application fee: $45.00